Thursday, January 24, 2008

My Foot Still Hurts...

...but that really isn't the point now is it?


Here's the picture of the day.  This is my favorite room in the library.  There is stunning molding on the ceiling that for a little while was covered up, but you really can't see it in this picture.  It is just a nice room.  Open, wireless internet, windows looking outside, places to charge your computer, quiet, it's just nice, ok?  I get the feeling that this semester I will be spending quite a bit of time in there.

In fact, for possibly the first time I ever, I actually took a step tonight in alleviating some pressure from my overcrowded schedule.  It was hard.  I had to tell 8 and 9 year olds that I wouldn't be teaching them (kind of) to swim any more.  I explained that I this is my last semester and I'm graduating soon and I was really busy.  One of the girls, I'll call her NL, asked when graduation was.  I told her it was in May and she said the funniest thing, she said...

"Well hey!  It's only January!  You have plenty of time!  
(then counting on her fingers) 
You have four months, you can teach us in that time."

It was cute.  Back off.

No comments: