I did this survey a couple years ago. For some reason I remembered it today on the commute to work. Here goes.
Yearly Wrap-Up Survey
1. What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before?
- I joined an ice hockey league and learned how to play - AWESOME
- Finally joined the Urban Servant Corps
- Went on outreach
- Had my heart broken by my work
2. Did you keep your New Year's resolution?
- Oh heck to the no. Are you supposed to?
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
§ Actually yesterday I just found out that one of the most awesome volunteers I work with died suddenly. Eleanor, we all miss you.
5. What countries did you visit?
§ None this year
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
§ Responsibility in handling financial details
7. What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
§ March 9, 2010 - Shoulder surgery
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
§ Joining the Urban Servant Corps, living in intentional community, stretching and growing
9. What was your biggest failure?
§ There was a problem that I could have moved faster to address
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
§ I tore the labrum in my right shoulder about 180% and my bicep tendon was coming off the bone as well as ripping down the middle.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
§ Uhh, right now I am a big fan of the phone I got as a hand-me-down from Cherica. I guess the technical answer is my iPod touch.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
§ Pastor Karol - she is a rock star who dealt with some really tough questions in a way that I admire. I might not agree with the outcome, but the process and the hurt and the questions she addressed and the conversations she facilitated.... Someday maybe I'll be cool like her. I hope so.
14. Where did most of your money go?
§ Hockey gear, and immediately after that, medical expenses.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
- Joining USC
- Finally taking steps to move towards going to seminary
16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
§ Tik Tok by Ke$ha, I can't believe I admitted that
17. Are you...
A. Happier or sadder? Happier
B. Richer or poorer? Poorer, by choice!
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
§ I spent christmas eve being a torch-bearer at St. Paul Lutheran Church, christmas day with my family in Arvada, the next several days in Montrose w/ the Grandparents, Kansas contingent, and immediate family.
21. Did you fall in love in 2010?
23. What was your favorite TV program?
§ Bones, hands down.
25. What was the best book you read?
§ The Cost of Discipleship, by Dietrich Bonhoeffer
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
§ Daft Punk
27. What did you want and get?
§ I wanted to escape from my job at a grocery store making sure that people had all 30 choices of Ranch and moved into a place where I feel like I actually have an impact.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
§ Iron Man 2
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
§ I turned 28, watched Harry Potter the night before and had my favorite dinner ever.
30. What would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
§ Trying to not play God, and being happy with that.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
§ Is it clean? Is it comfortable? Ok, that works.
32. What kept you sane?
§ Great friends.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
§ Probably the repeal of 'Don't Ask Don't Tell"
35. Who did you miss?
§ I miss Sara, I wish that she was closer and we could hang out more often.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
§ Uhh, all the other volunteers. I can't pick one.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010:
§ I'm not in charge, I don't control other people.
38. What travel plans do you have for 2011? Which ones are you the most excited about?
§ No plans yet. Perhaps a move to Chicago is in my future?
40. Which season are you looking forward to the most this year? Why?
§ I have no idea. Potential adventures in all of them I guess.
41. What are some things you'd like to do in 2011, but haven't officially planned for yet?
§ skydiving would be nice
42. Do you anticipate any major changes in 2011, such as a new home, job, family life, etc.?
- One more niece or nephew! Coming early August.
- August will bring a whole lot of changes actually, new home, new job, learning to live w/ out my 5&9 community, etc.