Sunday, December 30, 2007

Year Wrap-Up Survey

I saw this wrap up survey for the year that a friend filled out.  Thought I would borrow the idea.

1. What did you do in 2007 that you'd never done before?

I drove a huge truck over sketchy four-wheel drive roads in the San Juan Mountains.  I served my first semester as student body president.  I got my first Incomplete at Western.  I learned about logistics. 

2. Did you keep your New Year's resolution?

I don’t remember if I had a new years resolution.  So… maybe?

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

No

4. Did anyone close to you die?

No 

5. What countries did you visit?

None, I did get to go to Reno, Nevada and Riverside, California.  Those are kind of like other countries, right?

6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?

Faith

7. What date from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

The Conversation (capital 'T', capital 'C') with a friend.  I don’t really do dates.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Working better with a team, getting assigned to a “base” with no head LC, impressing Dr. Moran w/ a presentation.

9. What was your biggest failure?

Developmental Psychology

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

I’ve been getting a lot of colds lately.  Hand stuff.

11. What was the best thing you bought?

S’s Christmas present.  Also, the snowboard I bought on accident.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

Many many people that I am fortunate enough to get to work with.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

My mothers.  Literally depressed.  It was bad.

14. Where did most of your money go?

I’m guessing the Apartment Vultures.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

The future.

16. What song will always remind you of 2007?

“When I Close My Eyes” by Ozomatli

17. Are you...

A. Happier or sadder? Happier

B. Richer or poorer? Richer

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?

Edgework

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?

Knee-jerk reactions

20. How will you be spending Christmas?

It's gone and past.  Spent it with family, not a long enough visit, that’s new.

21. Did you fall in love in 2007?

Over and over.

22. How many one-night stands?

None

23. What was your favorite TV program?

Bones, only recently discovered.

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?

I don’t think so.

25. What was the best book you read?

Awakening the Buddha Within by Lama Surya Das

26. What was your greatest musical discovery?

It’s a tie between Ozomatli, Malcolm Palmer, and Nadine Zahr

27. What did you want and get?

I wanted challenge.  I think I got an ulcer.  Just kidding.

28. What was your favorite film of this year?

Meet the Robinsons

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

Drank too much, got in trouble.  25

30. What would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

Taking care of myself better.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?

It’s morphed from jeans and a t-shirt to carharrts and a t-shirt.  Hoodie now that it’s cold.

32. What kept you sane?

Ha.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

Umm... 

34. What political issue stirred you the most?

I still don’t quite understand how homosexuality affects other peoples marriages.

35. Who did you miss?

Sara.  AKA “Tink”

36. Who was the best new person you met?

I really appreciate getting to know this one person better

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007:

"Why do today what I can do tomorrow" may not be the best idea

38. What travel plans do you have for 2008? Which ones are you the most excited about?

Hopefully “Plan A” will work out and I’ll be all over the place.

39. Which dates in 2008 are you looking forward to the most? Why?

May 10, 2008 – My Graduation from Western State College of Colorado

40. Which season are you looking forward to the most this year? Why?

I dunno

41. What are some things you'd like to do in 2008, but haven't officially planned for yet?

Skydiving, join a church, visit my sister in new york, see my friends

42. Do you anticipate any major changes in 2008, such as a new home, job, family life, etc.?

An occupation other than student, maybe even making slightly more than the poverty line.

No comments: