Friday, August 3, 2007

Groceries vs. Switchbacks. Only the durable survive.



If I really had any sense, I would think through these things more. I would arrange groceries so that they do not roll around the back seat and shift so much that one has to remove select items from the front seat before opening the back doors so that items do not get destroyed when/if you open the door.

So. With this lesson in mind I proudly present: Guidelines for managing groceries and switchbacks.

P.S.- I've decided that switchbacks are really some engineers way of saying "hey Mom! Look what I can do!"

1. Put heavy, stable things on bottom. Stable is key here. Watermelons may be heavy, but unless they are surrounded by other items they are not stable in any way shape or form.

2. If items slide during the switchback turn, they probably aren't going to slide back even if you do take the next switchback a little bit faster.

3. Pulling over is not an option. Even if you think the pies fell against the door the only allowable option is to attempt to not have melons roll onto them for the rest of the drive.

Yeah buddy. Red Mtn. Pass. I wouldn't want to do it in the winter.

No comments: