Saturday, August 25, 2007

Speeches and Ties and Students Oh My!

I'm back!

Back in Gunnison. Back at school. Back in the swing of things, kinda... getting there anyway. Yesterday was almost the definition of jumping in with both feet. I gave two speeches and worked at the front desk answering the same six questions for a thousand different people. It was a good time. :)

This President thing is kind of interesting. People a lot of the time assume that I have assumed power like some kind of a dictator and am able to allocate thousands of dollars anywhere I choose at any point in time. I can't. I probably wouldn't anyway. Also, everybody seems to know me. I know that I stood up at all the orientations and introduced myself, and I knew to anticipate a fishbowl type of effect, but someone I have never met before just walked up to me and said "I heard you play rugby". That's really crazy. They know me, I don't know how, but they do. It's disconcerting.

Very few people really care to understand. It's kind of suprising. They have these completely crazy and wrong assumptions but don't care to know how things really work, even if it is very simple. It's like they want to have these baseless assumptions so that they can bitch about things they don't understand and don't want to change. I don't get it. Maybe I'm just a dork like that.

Presidency does have it's perks though. I recieved a very very fancy invitation in the mail to the grand opening of the Borick Building, the new business building on campus. It's a very, very nice building. Anyway, this grand opening is going to be quite the party. It looks super formal from the invitation. I'll try to get pictures up from it.

Going to a play/musical tonight. Reefer madness. Should be awesome.

Peace, Love and cool business attire to you all.

No comments: