Sunday, February 1, 2009

Things I Miss About Colorado

Perusing the selection at our local Bottle King today I realized that there are so many things I miss about Colorado.  Things like my family, the mountains, snow that's actually fun, etc. etc., the list continues.  This post is not about those things.  This post is about the beers I miss most.

(BTW- I tried to list them preferentially, but it's hard)

Ska Brewing Company:
See full size image
  • Nefarious Ten Pin Imperial Porter (Different than ten pin & more preferred)
  • Pinstripe Red Ale
  • Ten Pin Porter 
  • Steel Toe Stout
  • True Blonde

  • 1554
  • Trippel
  • Sunshine Wheat
  • Fat Tire
  • Skinny Dip
  • 2 Below

  • Karma

  • Oatmeal Stout
  • Vanilla Porter
  • Agave Wheat
  • Avalanche Ale

  • Durango Wheat Beer

  • Stinger Wild Honey Wheat

  • Retro Red
  • Chocolate Stout
Gunnison Brewery:
  • Evil Rabbit

  • Sawtooth Ale
  • Milk Stout
  • Haystack Wheat
Heck, I'll even mention some good Montana beer, I can't buy it out here anyway.

  • Hefeweizen
  • Glacier Ale
  • Porter
  • Chocolate Stout


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Never thought about it...though, leaving Colorado beers is probably quite tragic. Especially New Belgium and Breckenridge.
But then...I'd probably be quite intruiged by new stuff too. Every time I've gone to a liquor store in the last month or two, I've come home with something new...and Kenny tells me there's a lot of good East Coast stuff too....
But I must say...when all else looks blah....it's nice to have 1554 or (one of my personal favorites out of Oregon) Black Butte Porter, to fall back on.

- Jennie