Saturday, February 14, 2009

Good News!

At my first day of physical therapy I heard the most wonderful, affirming, caring thing that I've heard in a long time: "This is normal, it will get better".  To think that I had wasted all that energy, all that time practically obsessing about what that silly doctor said about "it should be healed by now" and "I don't know why you're still in pain".  Ha.  So the physical therapist is cool, I'm armed and ready to go with some great stretching/good moving mechanics exercises to do at home and I'm feeling this fog of grey lifting from my psyche.  I think the two biggest things getting to me have been not being able to work out, and not being able to do the job I love.  Sure I'm back at work, but it's never been my dream job to collate and staple.

It seems another topic that continues to run through my head is Outward Bound, particularly my first summer there.  In between training sessions we would play those silly 'what sort of (insert thing here) would you be', like, office supplies, for example.   LC's had to be on the ball and super organized so that was a natural one.  I always chose sharpies because I tend to organize things for myself with different colors of ink.  I found this cool quiz at blogthings.  Apparently I am not sharpies, pbbbbth.




You Are a Coffee Mug



You have loads of energy and stamina. You can zip through the most boring of tasks with complete enthusiasm.

You are also great at motivating a group. You are a fearless leader.



You are efficient and productive. You don't put off tasks or procrastinate. You actually enjoy working.

You would make a good small business owner or startup employee. If a job requires blood, sweat, and tears - then you have some to give.

No comments: