Monday, January 19, 2009

Big Invisible Gauge


I think that I may have figured out how to work this injury thing.  Not how the injury works, mind you.  That's way out of my league.  Just how I can work with some of the limitations given to me.  I see it this way.

Every day, I get a certain amount of what I call 'up time'.  This is the time available to me to be standing or walking around.  The time (as far as I can tell) follows a couple basic rules:
  1. Time available each day is for that day only.  There are no rollover minutes.
  2. There is no set amount of time for each day.  It's an injury, not an ATM that will automatically dispense a set number of minutes.
  3. I have no idea how much time I will have each day, however I can try to influence the next day from today
  4. My attempts don't always work
  5. This time is undefinable.  There is no way of knowing how much exactly remains.
Basically it's this.  Anytime that I stand up or walk around I can feel and see this huge gauge above my head, the needle sliding so constantly towards empty.

No comments: