Saturday, July 26, 2008

Fire!


There is a fire burning about 15 miles away from the town of Red Lodge, moving towards the town of Red Lodge.  This is the smoke plume.  There is a big town meeting tomorrow morning, I guess that they might be setting up the snowmaking equipment on the ski mountain to protect their structures.  I hope the mountain doesn't burn.

In other news.  I left my job today.  I guess that I came to this realization that I can only hit my head against a wall so many times before taking two steps to the left and walking out the door.  It's not like this was a random thing.  I have had a couple meetings over the summer with my boss to try to work everything out.  Yesterday in what started out as a 'mid-summer review' quickly deteriorated into personal attacks and I had to bring in a third party!  

It's hard, and I'm not excited about leaving this place a little over a month before I was originally planning.  It's hard to say goodbye to all my friends.  It's also really good that I can leave, this summer has sucked.

Oh yeah, plus with this fire, I don't think I can take the backpacking trip I wanted to go on.  :(

No comments: